Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Another Conversation


Shwedagon Pagoda
Rangoon, Burma
This is Lilly and Mai again. This time, I, Lilly will be green and Mai will be blue.


You want to be green?


Yes.


Why green?


Green is growing things, like plants and it's pretty and I like it!


OK. Cool.

Everyone wants to hear about how your time at the cabin went. Can we talk about that?


No.


No?


No. It was during Dashalakshana and I was fasting and meditating and praying and it was very personal and I don't want to put it on the Internet.


Oh. OK. What then? Burma?


I don't want to talk about that. It makes me cry. And those horrible pictures on your blog. Do they really need to be there?


Yes, that's the only way people will understand and maybe respond.


So are they responding?


Not that I can see. There have been only a couple of outclicks to the petition from sometimes - 2, and four from the Khaliblog. I guess anything's better than nothing.


Eleanor is really trying to get information out.


Yes, she is. I think it's getting to her, though.


Maybe she won't like us talking about her.


I don't think she'll mind. We're saying good things.


Boo isn't around?


I don't know; she isn't blogging for a while, but she might be reading?


You think so?


I really have no idea.


I want to tell her something?


?


BOO, THIS IS LILLY. WE NEED YOU TO COME BACK AND WRITE ABOUT BURMA. I KNOW YOU NEED TO REST, BUT THIS IS TOO IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO BE SILENT. I WILL PUT A LINK ON MY SIGHT FOR THIS PETITION AND I NEVER MAKE POLITICAL STATEMENTS. PLEASE. Please forgive me for yelling at you.


Lilly, dear! In 50 years, I've never known you to scream at anyone!


Yell.


Yell, then.


*sheepishly* I know. Those pictures made me cry. And I can't think of anything else to do.


Fast and meditate and pray?


Please don't make fun of me.


I'm not. I'm very serious. What the hell else can anybody do? Demonstrations here and there, I suppose.


This is so sad. Those pictures make me think of you in 1984.


I looked that bad?


You looked at lot worse at first. We could hardly see you had a face and your whole body was practically black from the bruises. And you had a bad burn on your right arm.


I feel ill.

And I still have that scar. Not many others, though. I healed up real good. On the outside anyway. But half of my insides are gone.


Your family weren't even like themselves. They were the happiest bunch of people I've ever known. Always laughing and singing. And noisy. But they got so quiet.


They've never let me see pictures of myself when I first came. Even after I came out of the coma, they wouldn't let me see a mirror for a long time.


Just a few days. I was there. I remember.


Maybe we should save this for next month. Burma, Delhi. Yech!!


OK. Oh, I needed to tell you. I tried to go to Jainworld and got a warning that it could harm my computer. What';s that about, do you know?


Let's check it out.


Here is what we got:



A warning about badware. It wasn't there before?


No. I go there all the time. It's never been there before.


I'd stay away. Especially with my poor ancient compy. You could send them an e-mail if you have their address. Maybe they've been sabotaged and they don't even know it.


I have the address. Will sending it hurt the computer?


No. Not sending.


I'll do that then.


Lilly, I'm getting really tired, I need to stop. I'm sorry. We haven't really said anything to publish.


*giggling* I yelled at Boo.


Oh, wow! That's worth publishing, for sure.


I want to put a picture of a tranquil Burmese pagoda. You know, that could say a lot. People will mentally put it next to what's happening now, so it could remind them without harming them.


Lilly, you're the only person in the universe that would come up with that.


I don't think so. It's kind of obvious. But you go lie down. I'll finish up.


4 comments:

eleanor bloom said...

Hmmm, is that why my ears were burning? ;)

I love these conversations.
I hope Boo heard you. This Burma stuff has had me yelling psychically to the world. I so wish I could yell and have all the governments hear me and do something. It makes me angry enough that I reckon I could almost be loud enough for them to hear...

But...

P E A C E ........

*exhale*

I hope the cabin was wonderfully suitable for your meditations Lilly. xo

Lilly said...

Eleanor. I don't think she heard. Surely she would have answered? I hope she's alright.

Do you know about the badware issue?

You like to listen to us gabbing? That's funny.

It was perfect for meditating. Very remote. I can tell you, but I don't like to tell most people because they have filthy minds. Out there I can be sky clad which is far better for meditating. Raj is so sweet to buy me such a place. He knew exactly what I needed and took the time and trouble to find it. He and Mai are mean to each other, but I love them both and they both love me. I like that.

eleanor bloom said...

You're very fortunate to have such people in your life (and, I reckon, deserving (obvs I have some bad karma in that regard!)).
The cabin sounds great. I'd love to have somewhere I can be sky clad without having to worry.
Such a place would make me want to - and I would - climb trees and converse with the birds, and laugh at the leaves as they tickled my face.

Boo said...

Oi!! I only just read this today!

Now ladies you know that I haven't a serious or political bone in my body. My blog is composed of purest trash, we all know that. For me to hold forth seriously on issues like the election, or Burma would be foolish in the extreme.

I leave that up to political animals like EB and Mai who can do it far more eloquently than I - but am with you all in spirit, all the same xxx boo!